The Benefits of Cerakote
Cerakote is a ceramic polymer-based functional coating that can be applied to ferrous and nonferrous metals, plastics, polymers, composites and even wood. When this durable and remarkable ceramic composite coating is applied, its ceramic particles settle to form an incredibly tough and incredibly thin protective layer. The substance has attracted the attention of aerospace, medical & automotive manufacturers because it offers benefits that other coatings do not provide. These benefits include:
- Thin layers: Cerakote is applied in very thin layers. A layer of Cerakote is between 25 and 50 microns thick, which is thinner than a human hair. This means that applying Cerakote to complex components has very little impact on tolerance. Thin layers also make Cerakote coatings very light.
- Heat resistance: Cerakote has excellent heat resistance properties. The ceramic substance can withstand temperatures in excess of 2,000 degrees Fahrenheit, which makes it an excellent choice for coating engine and exhaust parts.
- Chemical resistance: Coatings that are used to protect engine components must be able to resist chemicals. Cerakote coatings more than meet this requirement because they resist solvents, acids, alkalis and other chemicals. Cerakote also resists the cleaning agents and disinfectants used in the health care sector.
- Corrosion resistance: Items coated in Cerakote can be placed in harsh environments because the substance can cope with saltwater, humidity and wide temperature fluctuations. This means metal parts coated with it resist corrosion and last longer.
- Durability: Cerakote became the standard solution for protecting firearms and automobile components because it is both durable and flexible. The coating is scratch and abrasion resistant, and it can be used on moving parts because it flexes slightly. When NIC Industries researchers tested the flexibility of it, they discovered that the substance could flex up to 180 degrees with no adhesion issues.
- Biocompatible: The health care sector has moved away from other protective coatings in favor of Cerakote because the substance is biocompatible. This means that it is safe to use on implants and other medical devices. It does not harm human tissue, and it will not trigger an allergic reaction.
- Color choices: Cerakote is an attractive coating that is available in a wide range of colors in satin, matte and glossy finishes. The finish is also very easy to clean.
- Exhaust & Engine Parts: Cerakote has several properties that make it perfectly suitable for exhaust and engine parts in your car. First, it is extremely heat resistant and has been rated safe up to a 900 degrees Fahrenheit base metal temperature and 2000 degrees Fahrenheit exhaust gas temperature. Second, it is highly resistant to friction, which means that it increases the functionality of lubricants in your engine. Third, it can reduce under-hood temperatures by over 30 degrees. Overall, Cerakote coating for your engine parts will increase the performance of your engine system and lengthen the lifespan of your engine parts.
Colour Selection: Black, Bronze & Silver
* Customers Responsibility for All Shipping Costs